Thursday, April 10, 2008

Our dangerous tongue

Check out these 6 bible verses from James 3. They are very powerful!



5. Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth!


6. And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.


7. For every kind of beasts, and of birds, and of serpents, and of things in the sea, is tamed, and hath been tamed of mankind:


8. But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.


9. Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God.


10. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.


I find it so annoying when I meet people, come across people, friends, or family who have a filthy tongue. I feel so awkward, and just want to hide or runaway! When people curse God it hurts my own heart, I feel this sting inside of me that just wants to go and shake the person and say, "STOP!"

We can be the sweetest thing talking to our friends, but then a second later if one of our siblings comes in and questions us about something or whatever it is, we often will turn around and answer with a filthy rude tongue. I'm not only talking about curse words, but often just the tone in our voices. The irritation tells us everything! I am very blessed to be homeschooled and not having to worry about the filthy words one speaks in a normal public school setting, with being 100% in the world. But still, that doesn't mean much, a Christian or a non-Christian can have a vocabulary of garbage, or have an irritation in their voice when they are just annoyed slightly.

My friends, our tongues can be soooooo destructive not only in speaking curse words, but just the way we say things. Either too loud and having the sound of irritation in us. We need to be very careful the way we say things and the type of daily language we choose to speak!

The mouth of a righteous man is a well of life: but violence covereth the mouth of the wicked. Proverbs 10:11

2 comments:

Allison said...

I completely agree! I also greatly dislike it when someone I'm meeting or talking with uses bad language or attitudes towards siblings or others. Thankfully, it's only happened a few times!
Thank you for your encouraging comment on my blog! I visited your blog a while back, but have neglected to return. I enjoyed reading your recent posts.
Have a blessed week!

Vanessa said...

Yes, I do remember a comment from you a while back, and I believe we have a similar view! Us girls need to stand up, and go against this world! It's always a blessing to find girls with the same thinking! Be blessed!

Vanessa