Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The best New Year's Resolution ever!

Ok, this is just a side note, doesn't have nothing to do with the previous post. I won't forget to post up my sequence to the question, but, since New Year's is just right around I want to post something about it!

A lot of us make New Year resolutions, either loosing weight, getting better grades in school, being a better son/daughter/mom/dad/husband/wife, etc. However, do any of us make resolutions to get closer to God? You may, or you may not. You might say, "I want a closer relationship with God this year!" Well, then in June you forget about it because summer is here and we all know in the summer things are a bit different. Do you keep that promise? Or is it just something you say and then you throw it away in the wind? As a start to this New Year, make a commitment, a promise that YOU will no matter become closer to God. Don't make a promise unless you can completely be sure about it. God doesn't forget a promise like that. Personally, there is no better commitment you can make than having a closer relationship with the one and only true God.

Yes, it's fine, you can make many other resolutions, whatever they are, but most of the time a few will only last, and make your relationship with Christ grow more than it has in the past 2, 5, 10, 15, whatever the amount of years you've been a Christian. Read the bible daily, even just for 5 minutes, prayer is the only way you can draw closer. The only way you can develop a deep friendship. I have a love and respect for my God, I love him so much, that I can't even describe it! That my friends is the best New Year's resolution, having a deep love and friendship with Jesus Christ our Lord! Jeremiah 29:11 says, "For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. (NLT)

Have a blessed and a heart full of love for Christ this New Year of 2009!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen, Vanessa! That's a great post. If we resolve to do anything, it should be to get to know God. OK, here are just a FEW of my resolutions.
1. To stand firm and be a strong soldier for Christ
2. To yes... draw closer to my God and get to know Him more!!
3. To try harder to turn away from the paths of sin and shame, to turn to the path of glorious light, and
4. yup, you know what this is... get a better tan!! HAHAHAHA!!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year's! :) May God bless you abundantly this year.

Miss Jocelyn
aponderingheart.com/blog