Sunday, May 11, 2008

Cry for this land!

Hey my friends and blogging friends! I'm sorry that it has been awhile since I've posted a line or two. But this weekend I was with some very dear friends of mine. This family just had their fifth baby and I went over there from Fri-Sun. and had such a great time! The children are from the ages of 6-4 weeks. So, just being around and helping out was great! It was an amazing experience seeing a family with smaller children manage around. It was very interesting!

Anyways, with all that said, I want to tell you the reason what I'm posting.

Today when I was in church I experienced the Holy Spirit moving in me. It was such a powerful thing, that I can't go without crying. In our church we have these altar benches where so many tears have been shed. My heart felt so heavy, I feel for this land. What is going on here in America? We need to stand up and pray, pray for this land. We can't go on and just live our lives, we can't just ignore all this evil which is going on. Do you feel ashamed when you hear or see something which is evil? Or do you just laugh and think it's all funny? Whenever I see or hear which is so disgusting evil, I feel so burdened, I feel so heartbroken. My heart hurts, to just see these foolish people in this world wandering around like lost sheep. My friends, are we going to just block all this away and forget about it and continue our daily thing? Do you just go to church because your dad or mom want you to? Do you just pray because it's what you were told? Or do you really pray from the bottom of your heart, crying out to God, pouring all your troubles to him, and living and showing your life to others, to this world?

I don't know about you, but I feel for people of all ages and especially for our land. I will often just cry both physically and mentally. I will have tears running down my face, crying unto God, crying for our nation, this wicked and perverse world! There are so many people in this world who are lost, and it's up to us to show them how to live our lives. We need to show them and tell them the reason why we live. What is your reason? Why do you live? Do you have a goal in your life? Or are you one of those who are lost, wanting to find something which you have been lacking of for years? Friends, it's about time that we wake up, we as the Christians HAVE to show our light. Pray that God will cause his face to shine upon you. You want this, at least I do.

My walk with Christ has become so much more deeper over the past few months. There were things which I did, lets say last year which I cannot even imagine anymore. I cannot stand it, my heart breaks! I personally don't like to be out of my home past dark, because these stores these days are evil. You know sin is just lying right there. I can just see it. I WILL not place myself there. I feel ashamed and dirty if I do, I feel rotten, I feel not right to do so. I am God's child, and I am honored to be so. I treasure the moments I have together with my God, I would not ever trade it for anything!

Please stand up, be different, I strive to be different, when trials come it's a blessing because it is only bringing me closer and closer to Christ! Let your light shine in this world! Be the child of God, show it, people will notice if you are following Him 100%. Be the one to to change someone else's life. Either man, woman, or child! Get out of your routine, and make a difference! This is why we live, to glorify the Lamb of God! He's the one who takes away the sin of the world. Be disciples! Fall on your knees and PRAY!

Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. Matthew 5:16

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vanessa,
I am so proud and blesssed of you my daughter you are an amazing and beautiful daughter.
I admired you and the way that you are, today I felt my tears flowing when I was praying next to you and then I put my arms aroung you it felt so good to have a young daughter pray so hard for her country and to realize what is happening to our land and is willing to make a difference.
Vanessa, I hope that our relationship will get stronger and I want you to know that I'm here for you and I am so committed to you. I am yours and you are mine. I Love you and I have enjoyed this 2 weeks together since your Mom has been gone. You are my number 1 daughter. Have a great week and Mom will be back in three or four days lets continue praying for her safe return home. Love Ya Dad!

Allison said...

How neat that you were able to go and bless a family with a new little one! I love serving in that way...it's so fun for me! :)

It was really encouraging and awesome to read your testimony of God's work in your life. Prayer is something our country desperately needs, along with people who are willing to go against the current, stand up and make a difference! I'm glad you are choosing to do that!!!
Have a wonderfully blessed day!

Allison said...

One other thought...
Recently, our family has been discussing and determining what our goals and life purpose is. As we've have been looking into different routes for school for me next year, we've been trying to see how it fits in with God's plan and my goals and vision for life. We have considered College Plus, so I could have a degree and then work on some practical stuff I would like to learn before I become a mother... but we haven't decided. I'm supposed to be a junior in high school next year, but if we determine to do College Plus, that will all change!